United States - Brazil (25 July)
· United States and Brazil will meet each other for the 22nd time in the World Grand Prix. United States have won eight of the previous 21 matches and Brazil haven been victorious in 13 meetings.
· Brazil have won the last four meetings in the competition, since USA won 3-2 in the Final Round in 2012.
· Brazil also won four times in a row against United States between 2004 and 2009, but have yet to beat them five successive times in the World Grand Prix.
· This will be the 10th meeting in the Final Round. United States have the upper hand, winning five of the previous nine meetings.
· These sides also met in the final of the last two Olympic Games. Brazil won 3-1 in Beijing in 2008 and they also won 3-1 in London in 2012.
· United States have won their first three matches of this Final Round against the loss of only two sets.
· Team USA can win their sixth World Grand Prix crown. Only Brazil have amassed more (10).
· The US won the WGP three years in a row from 2010 to 2012, before watching Brazil being crowned champions in the previous two editions.
· Team USA failed to finish in the top five in each of the previous two seasons.
· Karsta Lowe led the team against Russia on Friday night with 22 points (19 spikes, three kill blocks).
· Brazil are the two-time defending champions in the World Grand Prix and their title defence is on the line in this match. They need to win for a chance to make it three trophies in a row.
· Brazil have won this competition on 10 occasions, twice as many as the next most prolific team (USA on five WGP trophies).
· Brazil defeated Japan 3-0 on Friday to re-establish their winning ways in the World Grand Prix.
· On Thursday, they suffered a rare 3-0 defeat against Russia, which ended a 14-match winning streak in the competition.
· Against Japan on Friday, Juciely Cristina Barreto led the team with 19 points, displaying formidable prowess at the net, by providing a massive eight kill blocks.