· Brazil have beaten Russia 17 times in the World Grand Prix, while Russia have been victorious 11 times.
· Brazil have won their last six World Grand Prix matches against Russia. This is the longest winning streak by any of these teams in head-to-head matches in the World Grand Prix.
· Russia last beat Brazil in the 2007 Final Round (3-2).
· This match is a repeat of the 1998, 1999 and 2006 World Grand Prix final. Brazil was victorious in 1998 (3-0) and 2006 (3-1). Russia won the final in 1999 (3-0).
· They have met 12 times before in the Final Round, with Brazil winning eight time and Russia four times.
· Brazil have won at least two sets in each of their last 11 World Grand Prix matches against Russia, since losing 3-0 on 21 July 2002.
· Their last meeting was last week in Catania. Brazil won 3-0 and Russia's Natalia Malykh was the top scorer in the match with 19 points, of which 18 were spikes.Brazil
· Brazil won their opening Final Round match against China (3-1) in a battle of the undefeated teams from the preliminary round.
· Juciely Cristina Barreto was top scorer against China with 17 points of which seven were made from blocks.
· Brazil have won 14 of their last 15 Final Round matches and have won at least two sets in their last 16 matches, since losing 3-0 against USA in the 2011 final.
· They have won 32 of their last 33 matches in all rounds in the World Grand Prix, including their last 14. Their last defeat was against Turkey in the Final Round last year (3-2).Russia
· Russia defeated Italy in straight sets in their opening match of the Final Round. This marked Russia's 150th victory in the competition.
· Nataliya Goncharova scored a dashing 28 points against Italy, only two points fewer than her teammates combined (30 points).
· Russia have won four of their last five Final Round matches, only suffering defeat to opponents Brazil last year (3-0).
· They can win three successive Final Round matches for the first time since five in a row in 2009-2011.