· They have met 17 times in the World Grand Prix with USA winning nine times and Italy on eight occasions.
· United States have won six of their last seven World Grand Prix meetings, scoring at least two sets on all seven occasions.
· The last time Italy won was in the Final Round in 2013 (3-2).
· In the Final Round, these teams have met on six occasions, with each team winning three times. United States have won at least a set in all six of these matches.
· Earlier this season on 3 July, United States won 3-1 in Ankara, with Italy's Indre Sorokaite as top scorer with 17 points.
· They also met during the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship Italy 2014, with the Italians earning a straight sets win over the eventual champions.
· United States claimed their 150th win in the competition in their Final Round opener against Japan (3-0).
· The last three times United States won their opening match in the Final Round they won the competition (2010, 2011, 2012).
· United States have won their last two Final Round matches. Their last defeat came in five sets against opponents Italy in 2013.
· United States have won 11 of their last 12 matches in the World Grand Prix (all rounds) and have won at least two sets in each of their last 13 matches in the competition.
· Italy lost their opening match in the Final Round to Russia in straight sets.
· They are on a three-match losing streak in the competition for the first time since 2013. The last time Italy lost four in a row was in 2012.
· Their last two defeats both came in straight sets. Italy have not recorded three straight set defeats in a row in the World Grand Prix since 2000.
· Italy have lost five of their last six Final Round matches. Their only victory in this run came against opponents United States in five sets in 2013.