· China and Japan have met 25 times in the World Grand Prix. China won 22 encounters, Japan three.
· Two of these three victories came in the 2014 World Grand Prix (3-1, 3-0). The only other win was in 2001 when Japan defeated China in straight sets.
· Japan have won only 23 sets in their 25 encounters with China in the World Grand Prix.
· In the Final Round, Japan have won the last encounter in 2014 (3-0), before losing the first eight.
· Last weekend, these teams met in Hong Kong. China won this encounter 3-0 on 17 July, with China's Chunlei Zeng as top score, scoring 16 points, including four blocks
· China can beat Japan by 3-0 in successive World Grand Prix matches for the first time since 2008.Japan
· In their Final Round opening match, Japan suffered a straight set defeat against United States.
· Japan have either won or lost their last five Final Round matches in straight sets. The last time they played more than three sets in the Final Round was in their 3-1 win over Russia last year.
· Japan can lose three consecutive Final Round matches without winning a set for the first time since 2010-2011 (3).China
· China lost their opener in the Final Round to two-time defending champions Brazil (3-1).
· It was their first defeat in the 2015 World Grand Prix ending a nine-match winning streak.
· The last time China lost two successive matches in the competition was in last year's Final Round when they were defeated by Brazil and Japan.
· China have lost their last two Final Round matches. They have not lost three in a row since the 2012 Final Round when they lost four successive.