China and Italy have met 22 times in the World Grand Prix, both teams claiming 11 victories
· This is the 23rd World Grand Prix match between China and Italy. Both teams have won 11 of the previous 22 matches.
· China can win three World Grand Prix matches in a row against Italy for the second time following their three successive wins between 1999 and 2004.
· Of the previous 22 meetings, 10 were in the Final Round, which each team winning five times. Italy have won a set in each of these 10 meetings.
· They also met twice at the 2014 World Championship, with Italy winning 3-1 in the second round group phase, but with China prevailing 3-1 in the semifinals.
· Earlier this season on 11 July, China won 3-1 in Saitama. Italy's Valentina Diouf scored 25 points in that match, most of all players that match, including 23 spikes.China
· China bounced back from their Final Round opening defeat to Brazil by beating Japan in straight sets.
· Yanhan Liu led the scoring against the Japanese team with 19 points (17 spikes). Teammate Changning Zhang scored 12 points against Japan of which four came from blocks and three from serves.
· China can win consecutive Final Round matches for the first time since their four-match winning streak in 2013.
· China have won at least one set in their last 13 World Grand Prix matches.Italy
· Italy are still eyeing their first win in this year's Final Round after suffering defeats to Russia (3-0) and United States (3-1).
· The Italians have lost their last four matches in the competition and can lose five in a row for the first time since seven successive defeats in 1999-2000.