• Germany have won seven of their eight WGP matches against Thailand, only suffering a 3-1 defeat in 2010.
• Germany have won five matches WGP matches against Thailand in straight sets, including their last two encounters.
• Germany also won 3-0 at the 2010 World Championship.
• Germany's win against Dominican Republic last week ended a run of four defeats.
• Germany's win against Thailand in last year's WGP, sparked a three-match winning streak for them, which was also the last time they won back-to-back matches.
• Maren Brinker has scored 40 points for Germany this season. She is the only German to reach double figures in scoring in all three matches: 14-13-13.
• Marie Schölzel had five successful blocks against Dominican Republic, most of all German players in a single match this year.
• Thailand won their opening match this year against Serbia 3-2, before suffering straight-sets defeats against Japan and Brazil.
• They have not won any of their last six matches in which they lost the opening set.
• They won the opening set in each of their last two wins.
• Ajcharaporn Kongyot and Onuma Sittirak lead Thailand in scoring this year. Both have 36 points.