· China have played Germany 17 times in the World Grand Prix, winning 16 of them. Germany's only win came in 2009 when they beat China 3-1.
· Germany have won seven of their last nine matches against AVC sides in the competition.
· China have won at least two sets in their last 14 World Grand Prix matches against CEV countries.
· These teams met at the 2014 world championships. China beat Germany in straight sets.
· Unlike last season, China have started out their 2015 WGP campaign with a victory, a resounding 3-0 triumph against Dominican Republic on Friday.
· It was China's first WGP victory in straight sets since their 3-0 win against Japan on 9 August 2014. China failed to win any of their next nine matches in the competition in straight sets.
· Against Dominican Republic, China won all three sets by at least a 10-point difference.
· Against Dominican Republic, Hui Ruoqi was China's most prolific points scorer on 13 (9 spikes, 2 kill blocks and 2 aces on serve.
· Just like last year, Germany have had to settle for a defeat in their opening match of the tournament, falling 3-1 to Russia on Friday.
· Last season, Germany also lost their second match in the WGP, before picking up their first victory in their third match.
· Combined with two defeats to round out their 2014 campaign, Germany have now lost three WGP matches on the trot. They can lose at least four for the first time since 2011.
· Against Russia, Margareta Kozuch led Germany with 15 points (14 points from spikes).