· United States have won their last nine World Grand Prix meetings with Japan.
· The last Japanese World Grand Prix win over United States came in 2005 (3-1).
· In total, Japan have won six of the 25 confrontations with United States in the World Grand Prix.
· Last week in Hong Kong, United States defeated Japan 3-0, with USA's Kimberly Hill scoring 15 points, most of all players.
· Only on 6 September 1998, United States failed to win a set against Japan in the competition.
· USA have won all five meetings in the Final Round against Japan.United States
· United States are in the Final Round for the 11th time in the World Grand Prix. It is the first time the Final Round is hosted by United States.
· They won the competition on five occasions, including three in a row in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
· This will be the seventh World Grand Prix match at home for USA. In 1995, they won twice and lost once and in 1996, they lost twice and won once. All these six matches were played in Honolulu.
· Unites States lost their first match of the season against China, last week (3-2).
· They have now won at least two sets in each of their last 12 World Grand Prix matches, since losing 3-0 against Brazil on 10 August 2014.
· United States are one victory shy of their 150th in the World Grand Prix. They can become the third nation to win 150 matches following Brazil and China. Russia are also on 149 wins, they play a couple of hours earlier than United States.
· Japan are in the Final Round for the 14th time and for the third year in a row.
· Last year, Japan finished second (Brazil), their best ever result so far in the World Grand Prix.
· Japan won 3-0 against Thailand and can win back-to-back World Grand Prix matches for the second time this season following their wins against Thailand and Serbia on 4 and 5 July.
· The last time they won 3-0 in successive World Grand Prix matches was in the Final Round last year (3 in a row).