· These nations have met 15 times before in the World Grand Prix, with Russia winning 13 times and Italy twice.
· Italy last beat Russia in the 2007 Final Round, 3-1. Italy's only other win over Russia was back in 2004, 3-2 in the Preliminary Round.
· Russia have always won a set against Italy in the World Grand Prix. The last time Russia failed to win a set against Italy in a major competition was at the 2007 European Championships, when Italy beat Russia twice 3-0 (group stage and semifinal)
· Last week these teams also met in Catania, with Russia winning 3-1. Italy's Indre Sorokaite was top scorer in that match with 17 points, including 15 spikes.
· The teams also met in the third round of the 2014 World Championships. Italy beat Russia 3-1.Italy
· Italy are in the Final Round for the 12th time in the World Grand Prix and for the first time since 2013.
· They have yet to win the competition. Their best result was in 2004 and 2005, when they finished second behind Brazil (both years).
· Italy can lose three successive World Grand Prix matches for the first time since the first three matches of the 2013 Final Round.Russia
· Russia are in the Final Round for the 15th time in the World Grand Prix.
· They won the competition three times (1997, 1999 and 2002).
· Russia lost their last match last weekend, without winning a set (against Belgium). The last time they had successive World Grand Prix matches without winning a set was in 2011, when they lost the semifinals 3-0 against Brazil and the final for third place 3-0 against Serbia.
· Russia are one victory shy of their 150th in the World Grand Prix. They can become the third nation to win 150 matches following Brazil and China. United States are also in 149 wins.