• Argentina and Croatia have never clashed before in the World Grand Prix.
• At the 2014 World Championships, Croatia won 3-1 against Argentina in the first round group stage.
• Argentina have won only one of their 15 World Grand Prix matches against CEV countries and are winless in their last seven since a 3-2 win over Germany on 3 August 2013.
• This will be Croatia’s first World Grand Prix match against a CSV nation.
• Argentina will make their fifth World Grand Prix appearance. They have not missed an edition since their debut in 2011.
• Argentina won as many matches last World Grand Prix season (4) as they did in their first three campaigns combined.
• Argentina have won their last three World Grand Prix matches, their longest run ever in the competition.
• Last year, Croatia made their World Grand Prix debut, finishing in third place in the Intercontinental Round (W4-L2). They finished third overall in Group 3 after beating Kazakhstan 3-0 in the third-place match.
• Croatia have won five of their eight World Grand Prix matches, including three in straight sets.
• Croatia are yet to win a five-setter in the World Grand Prix (L1).