• Netherlands and Czech Republic will meet for the first time in World Grand Prix history.
• At the 2010 World Championships, Netherlands beat Czech Republic in straight sets in the group stage.
• Last season, Czech Republic won all their six group stage matches, including four in straight sets. Netherlands won eight of their nine group stage matches in 2014, including six by a 3-0 score line.
• Last season, Quinta Steenbergen (NED), Anna Buijs (NED) and Aneta Havlickova (CZE) were teammates at Lokomotiv Baku.
• Havlickova will turn 28 on the day of the match, while Judith Pietersen (NED) will celebrate her 26th birthday.
• In 2007, Netherlands claimed the World Grand Prix, despite losing three of their first four matches.
• Netherlands are one of six countries to have been crowned World Grand Prix champions, alongside Brazil (10), United States (5), Russia (3), Cuba (2) and China (1).
• Netherlands, who will make their 12th World Grand Prix appearance, won eight of their nine group stage matches last season. The finished second in Group 2 after losing 3-2 against Belgium in the Final Four.
• Last year, Czech Republic won all their six Intercontinental Round matches (Group 3), before losing against Bulgaria in straight sets in the Final Four final.
• Czech Republic, who will make their third (consecutive) World Grand Prix appearance, finished in 14th place on their debut in 2013.