• This is the third World Grand Prix meeting between these nations. Both countries have beaten each other once.
• In the group stage in 2013, Czech Republic won 3-0 in Santo Domingo.
• Earlier this year on 10 July, Puerto Rico won 3-2 in Samokov. Puerto Rico was leading 2-0, before Czech Republic came back to level the match. The final set finished in 18-16.
• These nations also met at the 2010 World Championship, when Czech Republic won 3-0.
• Czech Republic finished in third place in Group 2, earning them a spot in the Group 2 Finals.
• Czech Republic can lose back-to-back World Grand Prix matches in straight sets for the first time since 2013, when they lost against China and Turkey in the group phase.
• They are three sets shy of winning their 50th in the competition. They have now won 47 sets and lost 42 in the World Grand Prix.
• Puerto Rico can lose three World Grand Prix matches in a row for the first time since 2012-2013, when they lost 11 consecutive matches (nation record).
• They have won five of their last six World Grand Prix matches that went into five sets, including their last one against Czech Republic (10 July 2015).
• This will be their fourth World Grand Prix match in Poland. They have won one of their previous three matches there.
• In Puerto Rico's match against Czech Republic on 10 July, Ocasio scored 33 points. This is a tournament-high this season for most points in a single match across all groups.
• Naika Benitez turns 26 years old on the day of this match.