Pool K: Puerto Rico v Poland (4 July)
· Puerto Rico and Poland will meet for the fifth time in the World Grand Prix. Puerto Rico have won three of the previous four meetings.
· Poland’s sole World Grand Prix victory over Puerto Rico came in the 2010 Intercontinental Round (3-0), in the countries first ever meeting in the competition.
· Last year, the countries met three times in the World Grand Prix, with Puerto Rico winning on all three occasions.
· For the second consecutive time Puerto Rico opened their World Grand Prix campaign with a win. Last year they beat Argentina at home in Caguas, this year they beat Canada on home soil (3-1) in Carolina.
· Puerto Rico can win their first two matches of a World Grand Prix season for the first time.
· Five players reached double figures against Canada: Sheila Ocasio (16), Aurea Cruz (15), Stephanie Enright (13), Karina Ocasio (11) and Alexandra Oquendo (10).
· Poland have won the opener of a World Grand Prix campaign for the fifth time in their last six appearances by beating Bulgaria 3-0.
· Last year, Poland won five of their first six matches but failed to win any of their last five.
· Poland outblocked their opponents in their first match against Bulgaria this season: 21-7. Agnieszka Kakolewska scored a dashing nine points from blocks.
· Four Polish players scored in double digits against Bulgaria: Anna Grejman (14 points), Daria Paszek (13), Agnieszka Kakolewska (12) and Tamara Kaliszuk (10).