Pool M: Croatia v Puerto Rico (11 July)
· This will be the first match between these two teams in any major competition.
· Croatia have won five of their six WGP matches against non-European sides. Their only defeat in those matches came against a team from the Americas: a 3-1 defeat against Argentina last week.
· Puerto Rico have won five of their nine matches against European opposition.
· Croatia went to a fifth set against Bulgaria on Friday, but still suffered their fourth defeat in as many matches in 2015.
· This was Croatia’s second five-setter at the WGP, and both ended in defeats: against Czech Republic in last year’s Final Round, and yesterday against Bulgaria.
· Croatia have now lost six of their last seven matches at the WGP after winning four of their first five.
· With a fourth defeat in 2015, Croatia have already lost more matches than in the their entire debut season 2014 (3 losses).
· Puerto Rico survived a match point against Czech Republic to win 3-2 on Friday.
· This was Puerto Rico’s 10th five-setter at the WGP. They won five and lost five.
· They can play three consecutive five-sets matches for the first time in their WGP history.
· Puerto Rico are now on three wins and one defeat in 2015. Only in 2014, they had more victories than they have now (8).
· Puerto Rico have had one weekend in the WGP with three wins in as many matches. This happened in 2014, in the second week. They could repeat this in 2015 by beating Croatia and Bulgaria.