Pool Q: Algeria - Kenya (5 July)
· Algeria and Kenya will meet for the second time in the World Grand Prix.
· Their first meeting came in last year's campaign which marked the first ever all-African match in the World Grand Prix. Kenya beat Algeria in straight sets.
· Their most recent encounter in a major tournament came in the final of the 2015 African Championships. Kenya claimed the title with a victory in straight sets.
· They also met in the 2007 and 2011 African Championships final. Kenya also claimed the title in those years.
· Algeria are already enjoying their most successful WGP campaign. In their third appearance, they claimed their first two victories, both against Australia (3-0, 3-2).
· With a win against Kenya, their balance for 2015 would become even: three wins, three defeats.
· Algeria have won eight sets in their last three matches, after winning a total of three sets in their first 17 matches in the competition.
· After winning 3-0 against Australia on Saturday, Kenya have won two WGP matches in a row for the first time. They can now win three consecutive matches.
· They can claim three consecutive straight set wins. Their first ever straight set win in the WGP came against Algeria last year.
· Mercy Moim scored 19 points against Australia, while Ruth Jepngetich scored seven block points, both season-high scores for Kenya in 2015.