• Kazakhstan and Australia met for the first time in the World Grand Prix in 2014. Kazakhstan beat Australia in straight sets.
• The only other World Grand Prix win Kazakhstan have over an AVC side is a five-set win against Thailand in 2008.
• This will be the sixth World Grand Prix participation for Kazakhstan. Their best result came in 2007 when they finished in 10th place.
• In 2014, Kazakhstan won as many matches (3) as they did in their four previous World Grand Prix. All three wins last year came in straight sets.
• Kazakhstan have lost their last three matches in the competition.
• Australia made their debut in last year's World Grand Prix. They finished in penultimate place ahead of Algeria.
• Australia are eyeing their first win in the competition (L6). The only other country without a World Grand Prix win is Algeria.
• They started last year's campaign without winning a set in their first four matches, but then they won one in their fifth and they claimed two sets in their sixth match.