Pool Q: Kenya v Australia (4 July)
Head to head
· Kenya and Australia have met once in the World Grand Prix so far. Last year, Kenya prevailed in five sets.
· In last year's meeting Kenya's Mercy Moim (22 points) and Australia's Rachel Rourke (24 points) both reached 20 points.
· These teams met once at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games in which Australia beat Kenya 3-1 on home soil. It marked Australia's only victory at the Olympic Games in the women's tournament.
· Australia, currently 46th on the World Ranking will meet the highest placed CAVB country on the World Ranking. Kenya is 19th.
· Kenya’s 3-0 victory over Mexico on Friday was their second straight set win in the World Grand Prix, after beating Algeria 3-0 in the first weekend last year.
· Kenya can win back-to-back World Grand Prix matches for the first time.
· Kenya are eyeing a positive balance in the competition with five wins and five defeats so far.
· Mercy Moim scored most points for Kenya against Mexico in both 2015 meetings with 16 points in the first and 17 points in the second meeting. She is currently leading her team with a total of 42 points.
· Australia still await their first victory in the World Grand Prix (10 matches, 10 defeats). On Friday, they went to a fifth set with Algeria, and the African side won.
· This five-setter followed three straight sets defeats in week 1. Australia’s only other five-setter at the World Grand Prix came in 2014, against today’s opponents Kenya.
· Against Algeria, Australia crossed the 100-point mark for the first time in the competition. They scored 101 points.
· Rhiannon Rosalynd Tooker was the first Australian player to reach 20 points in a single match at the 2015 World Grand Prix. Four points came from blocks.