Group 3 Final 1-2:
Peru - Kenya (12 July)
· The decider in Group 3 features two nations that met each other once before at the World Grand Prix. In week 1 this year, Peru beat Kenya in straight sets (25-18, 25-12, 25-23).
· This was the only time Peru met a CAVB team at World Grand Prix level. Kenya have played two matches against CSV nations (Peru and Colombia this year) and have yet to win a set.
· In the first match between these teams, Angela Leyva scored 22 of 75 points for Peru en route to a 3-0 win.
· Peru cruised into the final with a 3-0 victory over Colombia, taking revenge over the only nation that had beaten them in this year’s World Grand Prix.
· This was Peru’s third straight set victory in a row. Prior to this year, Peru had never even recorded back-to-back victories in the World Grand Prix, let alone in straight sets.
· Angela Leyva is Peru’s top scorer in this year’s WGP with 111 points. In the semifinal against Colombia, she also led the team in scoring with 19 points.
· Kenya will record their best finish ever at the World Grand Prix, regardless of the result of this match. In 2014, they missed the Group 3 Final Four on set ratio, this time they are in the Final.
· Kenya have won their last four matches at the World Grand Prix, as many as they won in their first nine matches combined (4 wins, 5 losses).
· Kenya's two defeats this World Grand Prix campaign both came against CSV opponents (Peru, Colombia).
· Mercy Moim is Kenya’s top scorer in this year’s World Grand Prix with 105 points. In the semifinal against Australia, she also led the team in scoring with 18 points.