Pool Q: Mexico - Algeria (4 July)
Head to head
· Mexico and Algeria have met twice in the World Grand Prix. Both encounters came in the 2014 campaign and were won by Mexico (3-0, 3-1)
· These are still the only wins for Mexico in the World Grand Prix so far.
· Algeria have lost all their five previous World Grand Prix matches against NORCECA countries, claiming only one set.
· Mexico (27th) and Algeria (25th) are almost evenly matched at the World Ranking.
· Mexico failed to record their first win at the 2015 World Grand Prix after a straight sets defeat against Kenya.
· Mexico are now on a four-match losing streak in the competition, their longest winless run ever.
· Last year, in their debut campaign, they lost their opener against Kenya (3-1). Back then, they countered in their second match with a 3-0 victory over today’s opponents Algeria.
· Andrea Rangel (38 points) and Lizbeth Sainz (35) have both scored 30+ points in the 2015 campaign.
· After beating Australia 3-0 in Week 1, Algeria were victorious again on Friday. Australia managed to win two sets, but the tiebreak went Algeria’s way: 3-2.
· Algeria have now won two matches in a row after going without a victory in their first 17 World Grand Prix matches.
· In those first 17 matches, Algeria won a total of three sets. In the last two matches, they combined for six.
· Yasmine Ousalah will celebrate her 22nd birthday on the day of the match.