• This will be the 12th meeting between China and Dominican Republic in the World Grand Prix. Dominican Republic won only one of the previous 11: a 3-2 win in 2010.
• China won 32 sets against Dominican in these matches. Dominican claimed only five.
• Their last two meetings came at the 2014 world championships. China prevailed twice in five sets.
• China will make their 23rd World Grand Prix appearance. China and Japan are the only countries who participated in every single World GP since 1993.
• China have won the World Grand Prix in 2003 and finished in the top-5 of each edition with the exception of 2011 (8th).
• China have played more World Grand Prix matches (276) than any other country.
• Only Brazil (215) have won more World Grand Prix matches than China (174).
• Their best result came in 2006 and 2010 finishing in eighth place.
• Dominican won only one of their nine matches in the 2014 World Grand Prix: a 3-2 win over Turkey.
• Of their 25 victories in the World Grand Prix so far, Dominican Republic won 12 in five sets. Only six of them came in straight sets and seven in four sets.
• Dominican Republic (25.3%) have the lowest winning percentage of all teams participating in Group 1 coming into the 2015 edition.
• This will be the 100th World Grand Prix match for Dominican Republic.