· The 2014 world champions USA face the 2014 World Grand Prix bronze medal winners Russia for the 24th time in the World Grand Prix.
· Russia have won 12 of their previous 23 WGP matches, losing 11. Both teams won and lost one last season, both by a 3-1 score.
· Earlier this year, United States won 3-0 in Kaliningrad on 10 July. Russia's Nataliya Goncharova had the most points in that match (14, all spikes).
· United States can win three in a row in the World Grand Prix against Russia for the first time since 2001.
· They have met twice in the Final Round, with each team winning once. United States won the semifinal in 2001 (3-2) and Russia won 3-1 in 2003.
· USA defeated Russia twice at the 2014 World Championship, both by a 3-1 score.United States
· United States won both of their Final Round matches this campaign beating Japan 3-0 and Italy 3-1.
· The only other team winning both matches in the 2015 Final Round are opponents Russia.
· The last three times United States won their first two matches in the Final Round they won the competition (2010, 2011, 2012).
· United States have won 12 of their last 13 matches in the World Grand Prix (all rounds) and have won at least two sets in each of their last 14 matches in the competition.Russia
· Russia won both Final Round matches in straight sets defeating Italy and two-time defending champions Brazil.
· Russia can win the first three Final Round matches of a single campaign for the first time since winning four on the trot in 2003.
· They have not won three consecutive World Grand Prix matches in straight sets since five successive in 2011.
· Nataliya Goncharova scored 24 points against Brazil after already scoring a whopping 28 points in the first Final Round match against Italy. From those 24 points she scored eight from blocks, two more than the whole team of Brazil together.