Italy - Brazil (26 July)
· Brazil have won their last eight matches against Italy in the World Grand Prix.
· Italy's last win came in the 2010 Preliminary Round (3-1).
· That was one of Italy's four wins against Brazil in the World Grand Prix. They have suffered 19 defeats against the South American powerhouse.
· Brazil have won the last three encounters against Italy in straight sets, the first time they have done so in the World Grand Prix.
· In the Final Round, they have met eight times, of which seven were won by Brazil, including the last four in straight sets.
· Last week on July 18, Brazil won 3-0 in Catania with Juciely Cristina Barreto scoring 18 points (including 10 blocks), most of all players that match.
· Italy were defeated in their first two matches in this Final Round, but have straightened the ship with back-to-back victories, both in five sets.
· They can still finish second, something they have not done in the WGP since 2005. They have not claimed a medal since picking up the bronze in 2010.
· They have won their last six WGP matches that went into a fifth set.
· Two-time defending champions Brazil have lost their WGP crown to the United States and can finish no higher than second in this World Grand Prix.
· They can still clinch a medal, which would be a record extending 17th in the competition.
· They were swept by Russia and the U.S. in this Final Round. They had not been beaten 3-0 in more than one WGP match in a single season since 2005, and can record three 3-0 defeats in a single season for the first time since 2002.
· They had emerged from the Preliminary Round with the best record of all teams – a perfect 9-0, losing only two sets in the process.