Pool D: Belgium v Germany (11 July)
· This is the first encounter between Belgium and Germany at the WGP.
· Germany have won nine of their 10 matches against Belgium at the World and European Championships, including a 3-0 win in the second round group phase at the 2014 World Championships.
· Belgium's only win was a straight-sets win at the 1956 World Championship, their first ever encounter.
· Belgium are in their second WGP. In their debut season 2014, they won three of their first four matches. In 2015, the year of their Group 1 debut, they have only one win after four.
· Belgium have lost eight of their last nine matches in the WGP. Six of those were lost in straight sets.
· Belgium lost three in a row in straight sets, equalling their longest run of matches without a set won. Another 3-0 defeat would indicate a negative record for Belgium.
· However, Belgium still have more straight-set victories (8) than straight set defeats (7) at the WGP.
· Germany suffered their third defeat in four matches in 2015 on Friday, when Thailand cruised to a 3-0 win.
· Germany have lost five of their last six matches in the WGP after winning four of their five matches prior to this run of matches.
· Germany will look to avoid their worst start of a WGP campaign since 2011, when they lost each of their first five matches. Since then, they booked at least two victories in five to start the season.