Pool C: Italy v Belgium (4 July)
· This will be the first ever meeting between these teams at the World Grand Prix.
· They met twice before at world championships, where Italy triumphed over Belgium in straight sets in 1978 and 2014.
· Nadia Centoni led the charge for Italy in 2014, scoring 20 points. Belgium's leading points scorer was Lise Van Hecke (13 points).
· For the first time since 2012, Italy lost their opening World Grand Prix match: 3-1 against United States on Friday.
· Including their defeat in the last match of the 2014 campaign (3-1 against Turkey), Italy have now lost back-to-back World Grand Prix encounters. They have not lost three in a row since the 2013 Final Round.
· Italy have won 95 World Grand Prix matches, seventh-most of all teams. They are one win behind sixth-placed Japan, who will play Thailand in Pool A on Saturday.
· Belgium had the perfect start of their campaign, beating Turkey 3-0. This broke a five-match losing streak in the competition.
· On their debut last year, they lost their opener, 3-1 against Poland.
· Belgium won the first set against Turkey 25-13 on Friday. Only once, Poland won a World Grand Prix set with a bigger margin, 25-12 against Poland last year.
· Belgium have now won nine World Grand Prix matches (this is their second appearance) of which eight ended 3-0.