• Brazil defeated Belgium 3-0 in their only previous WGP encounter, in 2014.
• The Brazilians conceded only 34 points in that match: 10-12-12.
• Their only other match in a major competition was at the 1956 World Championship, when Brazil allowed Belgium to score only 24 points in a 3-0 win.
• Brazil have won 25 of their last 26 WGP matches, only losing to Turkey in 2014.
• They have won their next seven matches since that defeat and conceded only one set in that run, against Japan last week.
• Juciely Cristina Barreto is Brazil's top scorer this season on 40 points. She is the only Brazilian player to have scored 10+ points in three matches.
• Ana Carolina Da Silva has won 12 points from blocks this season, only three fewer than Belgium's total block points (15).
• Belgium won their opening match this year 3-0 against Turkey, but then suffered straight-sets defeats against Italy and USA.
• Belgium's win against Turkey in Ankara last week is their only win in their last eight WGP matches.
• Belgium had won eight of their first 11 WGP matches in their debut season last year.
• If they upset Brazil, they will have won both matches against home teams this season.
• Kaja Grobelna is Belgium's top scorer on 31 points, including a team-high 18 in their 3-0 win against Turkey.