· Brazil have won both previous meetings with Serbia in the World Grand Prix: 3-2 in 2012, 3-0 in 2013.
· Brazil have lost only two of their last 25 World Grand Prix matches against CEV sides.
· These teams also met in the 2012 London Olympic Games preliminary round. Brazil beat Serbia in straight sets.
· Their last meeting came at the 2014 world championships in the first round. Again, Brazil prevailed by beating Serbia in four sets.
· Brazil started their 2015 World Grand Prix campaign with a 3-1 victory over Japan. They recovered after losing the first set.
· For the 16th straight season, Brazil have won their WGP opener.
· Combined with last season, Brazil have won five in a row in the competition. They have also won 23 of their last 24 in the competition.
· Brazil's only defeat in that span was the 3-2 against Turkey in the final round on 20 August 2014.
· For the first time since 2012, Serbia lost their opening match in the World Grand Prix. In both 2013 and 2014, they led off with a victory.
· Just like last season, Serbia lost to Thailand in five sets.
· Combined with last season's final match, Serbia have now lost two WGP matches in a row. They have not dropped three successive since 2012, when they lost four in a row.
· Against Thailand, Tijana Malesevic led the team with 17 spikes. Mina Popovic also contributed 17 points (11 spikes, 5 kill blocks, 1 ace on serve).