Pool G: Italy - Brazil (18 July)
· Italy have lost their last seven matches against Brazil in the World Grand Prix.
· Italy's last win came in the 2010 preliminary round (3-1).
· That was one of Italy's total four wins against Brazil in the World Grand Prix. They suffered 18 defeats against the power house.
· Brazil have won the last two encounters against Italy in straight sets. They never won three in straight sets against Italy.
· After winning five of their last six matches in the 2015 WGP, Russia proved too strong on Friday in Catania (3-1).
· Italy have claimed at least one set in each of their last 15 WGP matches. Their last straight sets defeat came against forthcoming opponents Brazil in last year’s Preliminary Round.
· If Italy again claim at least one set, they will equal their second-longest run of matches without a straight sets defeat, set at 16 in 2005-2006. Their record is 19 matches in a row, registered in 2006-2007.
· Italy have had a different top scorer in each of their last five matches, Alessia Gennari, Lucia Bosetti, Valentina Diouf, Cristina Chirichella and Indre Sorokaite respectively.
· Brazil have the maximum of 24 points after eight matches after beating Belgium 3-0 on Friday. This was their eighth win in as many games, and their sixth in straight sets.
· Brazil lost their very first set during this year’s WGP (25-21 to Japan on 3 July). Since then, they have won 24 of 25 sets played in the competition.
· Brazil have won 30 of their last 31 WGP matches, 26 of which ended in straight sets.
· On Thursday, Natalia Pereira claimed her first top scorer crown in a 2015 WGP match. She scored 17 points against Belgium.