Pool G: Belgium - Russia (18 July)
· The only encounter in the World Grand Prix between Belgium and Russia came last year when these teams met in the final round. Russia won in straight sets.
· Besides the World Grand Prix, these teams most recently played in the 2009 European championship. In the first Group stage, Russia prevailed after five sets.
· Belgium started their 2015 campaign with a straight sets victory against Turkey, but lost the following seven matches, five of which in straight sets.
· In their WGP history, Belgium have now lost more matches in straight sets than they have won in straight sets – nine versus eight.
· Belgium have won only one WGP match in which they conceded a set – 3-2 against Netherlands in 2014. All other eight wins were in straight sets.
· Russia recovered from a 3-0 defeat against Brazil on Thursday to beat Italy 3-1 on Friday.
· Russia have claimed two wins and one defeat in each of their two weeks of WGP play in 2015. With a win against Belgium, they would register the same balance again in week 3.
· Against Italy, Nataliya Goncharova was Russia’s top scorer with 16 points. She claimed the top scorer crown for her nation for the sixth time in eight WGP matches in 2015.