Pool A: Japan v Serbia (5 July)
· Japan and Serbia have met four times in the competition with both teams recording two wins each.
· Serbia beat Japan in their last two World Cup meetings: 3-1 in 2007 and 3-0 in 2011.
· Japan won their 2010 world championships match in four sets.
· Japan have won their last four meetings with CEV sides in the competition and can win five in a row for the first time since five between 2009 and 2010.
· Japan bounced back with a straight sets win against Thailand after losing their opener to Brazil.
· Japan have won nine of their last 11 World Grand Prix matches, only losing twice to 10-time champion Brazil. In those 11 matches they only failed to win a set once.
· Haruyo Shimamura has scored seven of Japan's total of 18 points from blocks in the first two matches.
· Serbia are eyeing their first win in the 2015 World Grand Prix after losing to Thailand on 3 July (3-2) and to Brazil on 4 July (3-0).
· Serbia can lose four matches in a row in the competition for the first time since 2012 (4).
· Serbia have failed to win a set in only three of their last 27 World Grand Prix matches including their last to Brazil. They have never lost two consecutive matches in the competition in straight sets.