• Thailand and Serbia will meet for the fourth time in the World Grand Prix.
• Serbia won their first ever meeting in the competition in straight sets (2011). The last two encounters were won by Thailand: 3-1 in 2012 and 3-2 in 2014.
• Those two wins against Serbia were the only Thailand wins in their last 14 World Grand Prix matches against CEV sides.
• Serbia beat Thailand in their 2007 World Cup meeting in four sets.
• This is Thailand's 13th participation in the World Grand Prix. Since their GP debut in 2002, they were only absent in the 2007 edition.
• Their best result in the competition is a fourth place in 2012. Last year, they finished in 12th place.
• Thailand have won only one of their last seven matches in the World Grand Prix.
• Of all teams competing in Group 1 this year, only Dominican Republic (25.3%) have a worse winning percentage than Thailand (26.5%) coming into the 2015 edition.
• Serbia will participate in their fifth World Grand Prix, competing ever since 2011.
• In their four previous World Grand Prix's they claimed two medals: bronze in 2011 and bronze in 2013.
• Serbia are the highest ranked team in a debut season – third in 2011 (inaugural 1993 WGP not included).
• Serbia only failed to win a set once in last year's edition of the World Grand Prix, but claimed only four wins (5 defeats).