• Bulgaria's 3-1 win after losing the first set 27-25 in last year's WGP is the only encounter between these two teams in the WGP.
• This was Croatia's only defeat against Bulgaria in six encounters in major competitions.
• None of the six total matches in major tournaments between these two teams required a fifth set.
• Bulgaria lost their first two WGP matches this season after having won all of their eight matches in 2014.
• They stopped their losing run by beating Puerto Rico 3-2 last week.
• Bulgaria's last two WGP matches involved a fifth set. In 2013-14 they had a run of four consecutive matches decided in five sets.
• Eva Yaneva is Bulgaria's top scorer this season. She began with one point against Poland, but then added 22 against both Canada and Puerto Rico.
• Gabriela Koeva and Mira Todorova have each scored 10 points from blocks.
• Croatia seek their first win this season after three defeats.
• They have not reached 20 points in the last six sets they have played.
• Last year they won five of their eight WGP matches.
• Croatia have a 20-20 set record in the WGP.
• Samantha Fabris has scored 42 points: 34 spikes and 8 blocks.