• Bulgaria and Poland have never met before in the World Grand Prix.
• At the 2003 European Championships, Poland won 3-2 against Bulgaria in the group stage, before beating Italy in the gold medal match.
• Bulgaria have won all their previous four World Grand Prix matches against fellow CEV countries.
• Poland have lost eight of their last nine World Grand Prix matches against European opposition, including the last three in straight sets.
• Bulgaria will make their third (consecutive) World Grand Prix appearance, after 2013 (9th) and 2014 (21st).
• With eight wins out of eight, Bulgaria won last season’s Group 3 competition. In the Final Four, they beat Kazakhstan and Czech Republic, the latter on home soil, to win promotion for this year’s edition.
• Bulgaria have lost only three of their 17 World Grand Prix matches. All defeats came in their debut season in 2013.
• Since their debut in 2004, Poland have been present in every edition of the World Grand Prix.
• Poland's best result in those 11 appearances came in 2007 and 2010, when they finished sixth.
• Poland have lost six of their last seven World Grand Prix matches, including their last five and their last three in straight sets.
• As host country, Poland have already qualified for this season’s final round (Group 2).