Pool K: Puerto Rico v Bulgaria (5 July)
· In the 2013 Intercontinental Round, Bulgaria beat Puerto Rico 3-0, in the countries only previous World Grand Prix meeting.
· Puerto Rico and Bulgaria also met at the 2002 World Championships, when Bulgaria won their second group stage meeting in straight sets.
· Puerto Rico have lost 12 of their 18 World Grand Prix matches against European opposition, including nine in straight sets.
· Puerto Rico have won both matches in Pool K thus far: 3-1 against Canada, 3-1 against Poland.
· Puerto Rico have won nine of their last 11 WGP matches. They failed to win a set in only one of these 11 matches (3-0 loss to Belgium in 2014).
· They can win all three matches in their opening WGP weekend for the first time in team history.
· This will be Puerto Rico's 50th WGP match. So far, they have won 15 and lost 34.
· After remaining unbeaten in all of their eight matches in 2014, Bulgaria have started their 2015 WGP campaign with two defeats: 3-0 against Poland, 3-2 against Canada.
· Their 3-0 defeat on Friday against Poland broke a streak of 16 straight WGP matches with at least two sets won.
· Bulgaria can lose for a third time in their 2015 campaign, as many defeats as they suffered in their first two WGP seasons combined (2013, 2014).