Poland - Puerto Rico
· Poland and Puerto Rico have met five times at the World Grand Prix. Poland won their first encounter in 2010 in straight sets, but Puerto Rico have won all four meetings since.
· Puerto Rico beat Poland 3-1 on July 4. Puerto Rico's Karina Ocasio scored a match-high 24 points, nine more than Poland's top scorer, Anna Grejman (15).
· Poland finished second in Group 2 with 12 points, the same total as Puerto Rico.
· Last year, Poland lost 3-0 to Belgium in the Group 2 semifinals, scoring only 50 points (19-25, 16-25, 15-25).
· Poland won their last two matches and can win three in a row for the first time since a streak of five in 2013-2014.
· None of Poland's last 11 World Grand Prix matches was a five-setter. They last went the distance in August 2014 when they beat Peru 3-2 in the Preliminary Round.
· Last year, Puerto Rico also made it to the Group 2 semifinals, where they lost 3-1 to the Netherlands.
· They won four of their six matches in the Preliminary Round this season, but their most recent match was a 3-0 loss against Bulgaria.
· Karina Ocasio has scored most points of all players in Group 2: 123 (101 spikes, 20 blocks, 2 serves).
· In Puerto Rico's match against Czech Republic on July 10, Ocasio scored 33 points. This is a tournament-high this season for most points in a single match across all groups.