Pool J: Czech Republic v Croatia (4 July)
· Czech Republic and Croatia have met twice before in the World Grand Prix, with the Czechs winning on both occasions in 2014.
· Czech Republic have won only two of their six World Grand Prix matches against fellow CEV nations. Both victories came against opponents Croatia in 2014.
· Last World Grand Prix season, Czech Republic lost only two sets in their six group stage matches, including one in their opener against Croatia (3-1 win).
· Michaka Kvapilová (CZE), Bernarda Cutuk (CRO) and Nikolina Jelic (CRO) all played for German side SC Potsdam in 2014/15.
· For the first time in World Grand Prix history, the nation lost its opening match. Netherlands proved too strong in four sets. This is Czech Republic’s third appearance.
· The Czechs have now lost back-to-back World Grand Prix matches after winning seven straight prior to this short streak.
· After their defeat against Netherlands, Czech Republic have an even balance in the World Grand Prix – nine wins, nine defeats.
· Croatia started off with a defeat against Argentina on Friday (3-1). Last year they also lost their opener, but countered immediately thereafter with four straight wins.
· Croatia have won at least one set in each of the nine matches they played in the World Grand Prix.
· Croatia’s positive balance in the World Grand Prix is in jeopardy. Their defeat on Friday was their fourth in the tournament, compared to five wins. Another defeat would result in an even balance.
Samanta Fabris scored 19 points in Croatia's defeat to Argentina. Five of those points came from blocks.