Pool K: Canada v Poland (5 July)
· Poland and Canada have clashed once before in the World Grand Prix. Last year, Poland beat Canada 3-1 in the Intercontinental Round in Lima.
· Poland have lost their last three World Grand Prix matches against NORCECA opposition. All three defeats came against Puerto Rico in last year’s edition.
· Canada are winless against sides from Europe in the World Grand Prix, losing all previous six matches against CEV opposition (3 in straight sets).
· On Saturday, Canada beat Bulgaria 3-2 to win their first match of this year’s campaign.
· After going winless in 2003 and claiming their first win in 2014 in their fifth match, Canada registered their earliest win in a WGP season.
· For the first time in team history, Canada can win two WGP matches in a row.
· Canada have won at least one set in four successive matches, the longest streak for the team in WGP history.
· Jennifer Cross will celebrate her 23rd birthday on the day of the match.
· On Saturday, Poland suffered their first WGP defeat of 2015. Puerto Rico proved too strong: 3-1.
· In 2014, Poland suffered their first WGP loss in their fifth match of the season.
· Poland have won one of their last seven WGP matches, the 3-0 win over Bulgaria on 3 July.