• Kazakhstan beat Algeria in their only World Grand Prix meeting so far. In 2014 they won in straight sets.
• These teams also met at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. Kazakhstan won their group match in four sets.
• This will be the sixth World Grand Prix participation for Kazakhstan. Their best result came in 2007 when they finished in 10th place.
• In 2014, Kazakhstan won as many matches (3) as they did in their four previous World Grand Prix. All three wins last year came in straight sets.
• Kazakhstan have lost their last three matches in the competition.
• Algeria will participate in their third World Grand Prix after 2013 and 2014. In both previous participations they finished in last place.
• Algeria are eyeing their first win in the competition (L15). The only other country without a World Grand Prix win is Australia.
• Algeria have won three sets in their 15 World Grand Prix matches.