• Kazakhstan and Cuba will meet for the fifth time in the World Grand Prix.
• Cuba beat Kazakhstan twice in straight sets in 2007 and once in four sets in 2008. The last meeting between these teams, in 2013, was won by Kazakhstan (3-1).
• Cuba won their match at the 2010 World Championship in five sets.
• This will be the sixth World Grand Prix participation for Kazakhstan. Their best result came in 2007 when they finished in 10th place.
• In 2014, Kazakhstan won as many matches (3) as they did in their four previous World Grand Prix. All three wins last year came in straight sets.
• Kazakhstan have lost their last three matches in the competition.
• Cuba will participate in their 21st World Grand Prix, only missing the 2009 and 2010 editions.
• Cuba won the World Grand Prix in 1993 and 2000 and they were runners up as recent as 2008.
• They have won one of their last 23 World Grand Prix matches, a straight set win over Canada in 2014.
• Cuba are four sets shy from winning their 500th in the World Grand Prix. Only Brazil (704), China (619), United States (511) and Russia (508) have achieved this in the competition.