• Kenya and Peru will meet for the first time in the World Grand Prix.
• Peru beat Kenya twice in straight sets at the World Cup, once in 1995 and once in 2007.
• They also met at the 1998 World Championship. The match ended in a five-set win for Peru.
• Kenya made their debut in last year's edition of the World Grand Prix. They recorded three victories and three defeats.
• Kenya are one of two teams representing the CAVB at the 2015 World Grand Prix alongside Algeria. Last year they set up the first ever all-CAVB meeting in the competition (3-0 Kenya win).
• Kenya have won 12 sets and have lost 12 sets so far in the World Grand Prix.
• Peru will participate in their fourth World Grand Prix, after 1994 (11th), 2011 (16th) and 2014 (18th).
• Last year, Peru won three matches in the World Grand Prix. In their first two participations they won one.
• In 2014, they played their first two five-setters in the competition, winning one and losing one.