• This will be the first meeting between Mexico and Peru in the World Grand Prix.
• Mexico beat Peru twice at the World Championships: a 3-1 win in 1970 and a 3-0 win in 1974.
• Peru beat Mexico once at the World Championships (3-0, 1974) and once at the Olympic Games (3-2, 1968).
• This will be the second World Grand Prix meeting with a CSV side for Mexico, after their match against Colombia on 26 June.
• Mexico made their debut in last year's edition of the World Grand Prix. They recorded two victories and four defeats.
• Mexico have yet to play a five-setter in the World Grand Prix. They are the only team without five-set experience in the competition, besides debutants Colombia.
• Peru will participate in their fourth World Grand Prix, after 1994 (11th), 2011 (16th) and 2014 (18th).
• Last year, Peru won three matches in the World Grand Prix. In their first two participations they won one.
• In 2014, they played their first two five-setters in the competition, winning one and losing one.