Pool Q: Australia - Mexico (5 July)
· Mexico and Australia will meet for the first time in the World Grand Prix.
· Australia's only World Grand Prix match against a NORCECA team ended in a straight set defeat (2014, Cuba).
· Mexico are eyeing their first win against an AVC side in the competition after losing to Kazakhstan in 2014 (3-0).
· Against Kenya, Australia suffered their 11th defeat in as many WGP matches since making their debut in the WGP in 2014, including eight in straight sets.
· They can claim their first win in their 12th WGP match, three matches sooner than Australia's men needed after their World League debut in 1999.
· Australia are looking to win the opening set in a WGP match for the first time.
· On Saturday, Mexico claimed their first WGP victory in 2015, 3-2 against Algeria.
· Mexico can win two WGP matches in a row for the first time in team history.
· In their debut WGP season 2014, Mexico won a total of two matches and eight sets. They could equal both numbers with a win today.