• Mexico and Kenya have met twice in the World Grand Prix. Both encounters were won by Kenya.
• Last year, these teams met for the first time in the competition, also in Pool Q. Kenya beat Mexico 3-1.
• Their last encounter came last weekend, when Mexico took a 2-1 lead but Kenya prevailed in five sets.
• Last week, Mexico's Andrea Angel led the scoring for her team against Kenya with 20 points scored. Mercy Moim scored most points for Kenya (16 points).
• After the opening weekend, Mexico is one of two countries eyeing their first victory in the 2015 World Grand Prix alongside Australia.
• Mexico are currently on a three match losing streak, which is their equal longest losing streak in the competition. Last year, they won their fourth match after losing three in a row in the World Grand Prix.
• Both of Mexico's World Grand Prix victories came against CAVB countries. Last year they beat Algeria twice.
• Kenya won one of their three matches in the opening weekend of the 2015 World Grand Prix. They beat today's opponents Mexico in five sets.
• Kenya have lost their last World Grand Prix match against Colombia and can lose two in a row for the second time in the competition.
• They were defeated in straight sets and can lose two consecutive matches without winning a single set for the first time ever in the World Grand Prix.
• Kenya have won the first set in five of their nine World Grand Prix matches so far. Only once they failed to win the match after leading 1-0.