• Mexico and Kenya will meet for the second time in the World Grand Prix. Kenya beat Mexico in four sets last year.
• Mexico won the other two meetings with CAVB sides: a 3-0 and 3-1 win over Algeria in 2014.
• Kenya have not met any other team from NORCECA in the competition.
• Mexico made their debut in last year's edition of the World Grand Prix. They recorded two victories and four defeats.
• Mexico have yet to play a five-setter in the World Grand Prix. They are the only team without five-set experience in the competition, besides debutants Colombia.
• Kenya made their debut in last year's edition of the World Grand Prix. They recorded three victories and three defeats.
• Kenya are one of two teams representing the CAVB at the 2015 World Grand Prix alongside Algeria. Last year they set up the first ever all-CAVB meeting in the competition (3-0 Kenya win).
• Kenya have won 12 sets and have lost 12 sets so far in the World Grand Prix.